Responsible of compiling information based on facts, make analysis and give recommendations that will be used by others in another hierarchy level. Analyses situations or problems comparing it to previous events in order to identify a pattern or the root cause and develop a corrective plan. Analyzes, reconciles, and adjust general ledger accounts and prepares necessary reports that represent accurately the corporation’s financial position. Perform complex tasks related to the accounting cycle and financial processes. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of financial results and consistency with corporate and business unit accounting policies and procedures; and identifying and communicating risks and opportunities. Prepare quarterly and annual statements.
• Selects the most appropriate method to achieve identified results in a work plan or project.
• Perform regular and ad-hoc accounting and financial analyses or financial and operations management.
• Utilize accounting transactions and reporting systems to generate and distribute reports such as financial statements,
respond to inquiries, conduct research, identify and resolve problems.
• Provide input to accounting function, ensuring accuracy and timely recording of historical transaction information.
• Identify, recommend, and implement financial planning and analysis process improvements.
• Act as liaison between business unit operations and accounting functions; ensuring accurate and timely recording of project costs.
• Act as liaison between federal agencies and the Company for management of audits and request of information.
• Prepare and reviewing financial management reports for business unit operations.
• Provide guidance to the personnel about the controls and responsibilities related, and report to task force in charge of the documentation of the financial internal controls of any changes.
• Prepare accounting journal entries based on analysis performed.
• Consistently apply accounting general principles.
• Provide support during the preparation of the Company’s financial statements.
• Manage and assist on internal and external audits.
• Be up to date on general accounting pronouncements and federal regulations.
• Be up to date of federal regulations.
• Performed compliance analysis.
• Travel at least twice a year for training.
• Perform general office tasks like archiving, coding, photocopies, scanning, and review invoices and other general documents.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration with a major in Finance or Accounting
• 3 to 5 years of related experience,
• Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in Spanish and English
• Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, insurance industry, banking and
the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Customer service oriented
• Knowledge in computer systems (hardware and software), Access and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
EEO Patrono con Igualdad de Oportunidad en el Empleo